Friday, January 28, 2005

Friends

No, not the sitcom. I can't imagine being only "friends" with Courtney Cox.

I'm not very user friendly, although some people think so. I like to think of myself as straight up, no nonsense, but really like most of us, I'm really a softie at heart. I think we all let the people we love take advantage of us and most of the time, that's a good thing, both ways

The friends that I have I can count on my fingers, real, down to earth people. People who care about things that affect you even though its relatively unimportant in their own lives.

I've always remembered this, even though when I read it, I was too young to understand it.

From Kahlil Gibran's, the Prophet:

"When your friend speaks his mind you fear not the "nay" in your own mind, nor do you withhold the "ay".
And when he is silent your heart ceases not to listen to his heart;
For without words, in friendship, all thoughts, all desires, all expectations are born and shared, with joy that is unclaimed.
When you part from your friend, you grieve not;
For that which you love most in him may be clearer in his absence, as the mountain to the climber is clearer from the plain."

One of the amazing things is that time, distance or screwups won't affect these people. Its always better whenever, wherever. You know who you are, here and abroad... thanks.

No comments: